4/24/14

Light n' Breezy Curtain Sheers

Last we spoke about the family room, we had added some pretty new bamboo shades and the windows were sort of begging for some drapery.

They totally were, I swear.

I decided on some soft-looking white sheer panels.


Seriously, white sheers would have been the last type of curtain panels I would have ever thought of choosing. But after really thinking about what had held me back in the first place from putting them up right away (I didn't want to block any of the pretty natural light in this room), the decision was a practical one.

...Which luckily ended up being super pretty!

I love how soft and billowy they look. 



Another reason I had held off for so long on these was because beside the fact I wasn't 100% sure on what type I wanted, I knew we'd have to have super long ones (120"), which would end up costing quite a bit. So I knew I had to be absolutely sure.

Well, these were majorly affordable.  
No, seriously. They were $23.99 a piece. 

boom.



I got four of the "Soho Voile Lightweight Sheer Grommet Panel" in winter white from Curtainworks online. 

I'll be honest, the word "shimmer" in the product description scared the crap out of me and I was worried about how nice they would look for the price. I definitely took a chance. But I'm so happy I did. They look super nice and give the room a more luxurious vibe.  I'm majorly impressed!

And for the record, they have zero shimmer to them whatsoever, thank goodness.

I also really love how these are grommeted. At that height, the grommets help them open and close easily if we ever wanted a little more privacy. They also keep them looking perfectly pleated and more "arranged" at the top, rather than more bunched up like pole pockets can sometimes look.

This photo below shows just why I didn't want to block any of the light or pretty view...


Ignore the messy cords... When we pulled the table out to put up the curtains, I didn't arrange them back in their little Command Hooks. Do you guys do that? If you've got a table like this where you can see a massive cord explosion behind, you can just grab some clear command hooks and sort of run the cord through them to keep them straight and out of view.  Cords drive me nuts. Tell me I'm not alone on that... haha

Just for fun, here's a pic of what the room looked like over there about six months ago...



...and what it looks like now! So crazy how different the paint can look in here depending on the lighting!  And because I'm super helpful, I have no idea what it's called. It was newly painted that mystery shade when we moved in.




So what do you all think?? We're really in love with them. I was so impressed with them that I ordered four more for another space. I'll share it soon!!



34 comments:

  1. It looks great, Tiff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had those huge windows up so high! I'm in LOVE with that! It looks so grand! And seriously your style, makes me want to redo my house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top grommets on the sheer curtains. It takes such a traditional curtain and makes it a bit more modern - the perfect combination.

    I hate cords of all kinds. It drives me nuts how many cords are involved with home entertainment set ups. Ugh.

    Kind of a funny thing. My Aunt use to stage high end homes and she used lamps that looked normal, but took batteries - no cords. I loved the idea, but not practical at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg Tiffany, yesterday I was just lying on the couch and I kind of started looking around, analyzing every bit of my living room. So whenever I saw something I didn't like or just felt bored of it I was like "okay, this thing is leaving", then all of a sudden I had an urge to re-decorate (maybe I had too much coffee?) and all my mind kept thinking was "what would Tiffany do?" lol! So yeah, I was pretty much fangirling I guess. I think I might be getting a couple of bamboo shades soon. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way they look, and I'm not into shear curtains at all. What I just adore your home posts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I LOVE the look of the bamboo curtains with the sheer curtains. They go together just like peas n carrots! Your backyard view is gorgeous, btw. Can't help but love Southern landscape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to host a decor show- seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look Tiffany! Very classic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so chic! I love your style! I cant wait until we get our house when we are married!
    You really inspire me!
    xo Holly xo

    http://hollydolly88.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way it looks and your home is beautiful. Btw cords drive me crazy too. So you are not alone. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your home Tiffany. Btw cords drive me crazy too. So you are not alone haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tiffany,
    These sheers are very beautiful! You give me some ideas, thanks !
    Could you please explain what you mean wenn you say "Command Hooks" ? I'm interested how you catch the cords.

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I luv the curtains, out makes the room look larger. You have a great eye for detail thanx for the posts. Take care luv Karyann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! It opens the room up and makes it look so much bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is now my favorite room! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your home posts. The curtains are just *perfect*! They look awesome. As far as cords...sigh...they make me crazy, especially in our Library where our computer is. I never thought of using the command hooks - great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice Tiffany...I personally love sheers and I've used them in my bedrooms. I love the way they diffuse natural light and flood the room with goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Tiffany! These are exactly the curtains I am looking for in my space. Online at curtainworks they have "Gray" color available, but it looks white in the photo. Were "White" available at one time or did you order the gray color? Thanks!

    Andrea http://passportsandpeeptoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can imagine you just sitting and admiring your beautiful home...most especially after a well done project. Good job! Can't wait to see more which gives me lots of inspiration too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice, and a basket below the table would hide the lamp cords.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so gorgeous! I love your home decor!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. exposed skin care coupon

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks absolutely perfect! The combination of the bamboo and the romantic sheer white is just fab. You have awesome taste. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!!! I commented this on your Instagram post too, but seriously, you are the most productive blogger/YouTuber ever. You say "this room needs some curtains... " and then a week or two later you've already got them put up! The sheer curtains work perfectly. That before/after is insane. As in, amazing. You have a beautiful home, but you have definitely made it look its best with your eye for home decor. I started following you for your YouTube makeup videos, but your home decor posts are some of my favourites. I look forward to every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous home improvement! Love the sheers and new blinds!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a fantastic way to spruce up these beautiful windows without add too much. I am always looking for ways to stage homes I've listed and this will be added to my list! Great idea for window treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it!!!! I have done the same things with sheers thinking I would NEVER do that but they look gorgeous!!!! The room looks so fresh and clean has a beachy feel to it reminds me of the hamptons

    ReplyDelete
  28. THIS is my idea of 'airy' curtains. It makes the room bright, luxurious and cozy at the same time. It really adds the final touch. Finally, I could show my husband what I mean when I say that we have to redocorate the living and dining room with airy curtains. Thanks to the pics you posted I could convince him in a split second. Now we have a little project to work on :).

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this room .. I'm new to you Tiffany so forgive me if you've heard this question hundreds of times .. Where are the slipper chairs from?? I've been on the hunt for those exact chairs and CANNOT find them anywhere!! Also would love to know where you found the rug =) Love your style

    ReplyDelete