2/4/13

Voluminous, Long-Lasting Curls PERFECT for Valentine's Day!

Two posts in one day? No, I haven't lost my mind. Just excited to share my new absolute favorite way of doing my hair with you all! Just in time for Valentine's Day! Or a girls' night... Or the grocery store.
You know, whatever.

I can't say enough good things about this method of curling hair. It's easy, it takes 10 minutes, and it lasts until you wash your hair next. Seriously. I've rocked these 2 days in a row before. Sleeping on them and everything. It's crazy.
I've been doing this for a few months now. So for those of you that have been curious about my hair in any of my recent Instagram pics where my hair is curled (ahem, you should totally follow me if you don't! I post pics daily), my recent Sigma Beauty store event, or from IMATS, this is the method I used! Basically any curled hair photos from the past few months, this is the technique.

I know I sound way too excited about this, but seriously, those of you who have ever had issues curling your hair, whether it's the difficulty or the fact that it looks great for an hour and then suddenly turns to crap, this technique is SO worth a try!
My issue with curling hair isn't the ease or that I can't spray the heck out of it to make it last, but because I have super straight and hard to curl hair, curling it could be stressful.  Stick with me... What I mean is that, sure it looked great when it was fresh, but wherever I was going, I would worry that it was falling or that depending on the weather (HELLO southern humidity), it would look totally different and curl-free when I got to wherever I was going.
This method is so great because I can BRUSH my hair. Yes, brush it...  It stays soft and super curly. For days.
and days.
Oh and it doesn't look like crunchy curls. Soft, easy, carefree hair. I love it.
Ok, you get it. I'm a little excited about this technique and so happy I've got a go-to method for curling my hair now.

Check out my video below for a full step-by-step tutorial so you can perfect this method too!

Here's a few things you'll need to get the look...

Paddle brush (mine is el cheapo by Conair. Don't spend your life savings on a brush. Just sayin.)
Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press heat protectant spray (miracle stuff)
Hot Tools 1" curling iron (any 1" curling iron will do)
TreSemme Tres Two Hair Spray
small claw clip



23 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! Do you know where can I buy the Paul Mitchell heat protectant spray in Orlando or NY? is it only available online? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell it at Ulta, but only in the store not online.

      Delete
  2. I Love these curls! They are so pretty :)

    a-hint-of-gliiter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your curls and the way you teach in all the videos , you make everything look so easy!
    kisses,
    http://therandommarmalade.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this video. Thank you!
    Check out my online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these curls! I was thinking about curling my hair in the morning and I will definitely be trying this out. (At least, with a different brand heat protectant spray that I have. Hopefully I can get similar results!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have hard to curl hair as well, great video! Definitely going to give this a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Loved this video! Can't wait to go and get some new spray ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this video! Great post!

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was getting nervous when you said you were going to brush it out! ha! We have the same fine, silky hair so I'm definitely going to have to try this! ( I used to say my hair NEVER held a curl...maybe I won't say that anymore.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just wondering if you really open a new instagram account?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried your tutorial today and it worked great. I used TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray because that's what I had. My hair curls easily but I'm interested to see how they'll last throughout the day. The volume I got after brushing was awesome. Thx for a great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! very pretty :-)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Based on your hair type, I think you should invest in a curling wand. Once you get one, you'll never go back to a regular curling iron. Trust me! I have had an Enzo Milano and Le Angelique in different sizes for years and they are great. Wands are hotter, faster and hold the curl like crazzzzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hair refuses to hold a curl also. I tried this and it didn't really work for me :( It looked great at first, but then it fell flat within a few hours. Maybe I brushed it out TOO much? I'll try it again sometime and see if I can play with the technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try clipping each curl with a duck bill clip (the little metal ones, they don't crimp the hair) as you go, and make sure not to pull the curt downwards when pulling the curling iron out. After letting them cool for about 10 minutes take the clips out and gently comb through with your fingers, it's a little gentler then a brush. Then hairspray and your ready to go! Hope that helps! Happy curling!

      Delete
  17. Hi Tiffany,

    Any tips on how to avoid a crease when clamping down the curling iron?? I try and do it just as you show but each time I close the clamp, I get a crease!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. from kelly d to tiffany d........Thanks for making such an easy to follow video! This was the first one that really showed me how to get that particular look I've been wondering how to do! The part about curling away from your face & twisting it until the little end of the hair is under the clamp - totally changed my old curling technique! I got such wonderful results and I have been getting so many compliments on my hair - from people who see me every day, too! I went out and some girl came up to me and said "You have the most beautiful hair - seriously, it's like out of a magazine!" Ummmm, cue the ego rush blush and a HUGE thanks to Tiffany! More hair videos, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of these curls! Soft and feminine! I love your blog! You should check out thesmallthingsblog.com, she has a bunch of hair tutorials and tips on different types of curls. I'm a hairstylist and love getting ideas from you ladies!

    ReplyDelete